The spread of factory farming to satisfy our appetite for cheap meat, dairy and eggs comes at a great cost: animals are suffering, farmers are struggling and our health and the environment are under threat.
We need to stop the spread of factory farming.
MPs have the chance to deliver a better future for food and farming. There are 5 things they could do to start to wipe factory farming off the map:
- Ban Live exports – Introduce and/or support a Bill in Parliament to ban the live export of farm animals for fattening and slaughter from the day the UK exits the EU
- End the Cage Age – End the use of cage systems for all farm animals
- Labelling Matters – Mandatory labelling by means of production for meat and dairy products
- Good Food Act – Support the enactment of a Good Food Act designed to achieve high environmental, nutritional and animal welfare standards
- Antibiotics – Phase out the routine ‘preventative’ use of antibiotics that is propping-up unhealthy factory farm systems
If you live in the UK, please ask your MP to commit to promoting these five issues, and begin to plot a better future for British farming.
It is time to wipe factory farming off the map.